The HUB

Memorial Wall

George Washington

Artist/s: Unknown

Location: Travertine wall on the Ground Floor at the base of Stair 8

Description: The two Lux Sit, roughly Latin for “let there be light” the University of Washington’s motto, cast stone pieces sat above the main entrance to the HUB from 1949-2011. The UW and ASUW cast stone shields were installed at the southwest entrance of the HUB in 1952 when the “south” wing opened.

Composition/materials: Cast stone

Year: 1949 and 1952